This Is Your Brain
On Tuesday, Ronan had an MRI of his brain. Here is the picture. A few musings:
1. He HAS a brain. There have been several occasions in the recent past that have set Gabriel and me wondering....
2. The radiologist told us there was "nothing remarkable" about my son's brain. She meant this as good news.
3. In the absence of "remarkability," the diagnosis is migraine, which is the medical profession's pescatory way of saying, "We have no idea what's causing the headaches, and besides we have bigger fish to fry."
4. Admittedly, they do indeed.
5. Do you KNOW how incredibly COOL it is for an eight-year-old to have a picture of his BRAIN???
6. The eyeballs in the right picture were a particular source of hilarity, causing at least 30 minutes of uncontrolled giggling.
7. I must say, my son has a fine pair of eyeballs.
8. Brain jokes abound in the house: I placed a few Tylenol tablets under the picture and told Ronan, "This is your brain...on drugs." He, of course, didn't get it. I thought it was hysterical and experienced at least 30 minutes of uncontrolled giggling.
9. I can't get the Scarecrow's song from the Wizard of Oz out of my head. And now, neither can you.
10. All is well.